“Every Man Shares in Evangelism, Mission and Spiritual Life.”
United Methodist Men shall be a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually and to seek daily his will. [Our] primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church.
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions.
- To clarify and speak to the identity and roll of man in contemporary society.
- To seek commitment to discipleship.
- To study and become familiar with the United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines and beliefs.
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction and church-wide goals.
Men seeking membership in a local United Methodist Men’s Fellowship shall subscribe to the “Purpose” of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer.
- Bear witness to Christ’s way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions.
- Engage in some definite Christian service.
The Book of Discipline, The United Methodist Church